EASY HOMEMADE SUSHI


If you'd prefer a video, you can find this recipe in my 'RECIPE' highlights on Instagram HERE.


I don't like sushi...I love it! If you relate, but never actually attempted to make it at home, because it seems soo complicated, read on.


This was relatively easy, a bit messy, but overall a very inexpensive meal - which is not so much the case for sushi when eating out.

I improvised with the ingredients, you can definitely use whatever you prefer the most - in my case i couldn't make sushi without salmon and avocado.


Here is the list of what you'll need:


Sushi Rice Serve with:

Rice Vinegar Pickled Ginger

Seaweed Wasabi

Salmon ( I used smoked ) Soy Sauce

Avocado

Cucumber

Bamboo Mat ( substitute: Cling Film )



1. Cook the sushi rice according to the instructions on the packaging.


2. After that's done, add 2-3 tablespoons of rice vinegar and let it cool.


3. In the meantime, slice the avocado onto thin pieces, same with the cucumber.



4. Spread your sushi rice on the seaweed. Unlike me here, don't spread the rice until the very end at least on one side, but leave some space uncovered so you can then create a perfect roll.



5. I actually transferred my seaweed onto the bamboo mat now. I added the ingredients of my choice and rolled. Don't be afraid to push a little bit.



ENJOY!

xx



Comments

Popular Posts